About Christ the King
We understand the Christian Church to be an assembly of people who have heard the Story of Jesus and have recognized Him as alive and present in their lives. Like generations of believers before them, these people share with each other and their families The Story in which they discover the meaning of human existence. These people acknowledge that their assembly is essential for The Story to endure.
We, the Catholic Parish of Christ the King, are an assembly of people who gather to share the Story of Jesus and tell it to others. We commit ourselves to welcome God’s reign of justice, love, mutual service, and peace here in our midst.
We seek to make the Christian Church happen in the following ways:
- By Assembling, especially on the Lord’s Day, to celebrate our shared religious experience;
- By being a welcoming community that celebrates differences and cares for all, especially those who feel alienated, excluded, wounded or unworthy;
- By honoring the gifts of God’s creation and challenging each other as stewards to share our time, talent, leadership, creativity, and treasure;
- By reconciling with each other, in acknowledgment of our communal and individual sinfulness;
- By exercising our baptismal responsibility of the church’s mission as sponsors and companions to others, in our daily struggles and in significant experiences of transition;
- By continually educating ourselves and our children in the meaning and challenge of the Story of Jesus;
- By reaching out to the deprived and oppressed, who constitute the majority of human society;
- By encouraging the elimination of barriers that prevent our full realization as the church; and
- By collaborating with others in our midst and in our greater community who share a common purpose.
Father Herb Hayek - OP Pastor
Paul Zdechlik - Parish Business Administrator
Linda Cantu - Administrative Assistant
Kelley Deshler - Director of Faith Formation
Uchenna Chidozie - Coord. of Middle School Youth Ministry
Jim George - Building Maintenance Supervisor
Moya McGinn Mathews - Director of Music and Liturgy
Nadine Reiser - Ministry Assistant
5029 Zenith Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55410
Office Hours: 8:30 - 4:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday